Your personal injury lawyer in Coral Gables is
here for you when medical negligence occurs.
Bonner Law has the experience, knowledge and track record to help you navigate the legal and medical landscape when negligence has occurred. We put this to work to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve, including reimbursement of medical bills, lost wages and compensation for pain and suffering.
Bonner Law, led by Michael P. Bonner, is a leading Miami personal injury attorney and personal injury lawyer in Coral Gables with over 30 years of hands-on experience in the representation of clients in medical malpractice and personal injury cases. Bonner Law understands the inner workings of the insurance companies, has an
in-depth knowledge of how to deal with the medical and legal systems and puts that to work for you to get you the recovery you deserve. You can focus on your healing process, knowing that you have an experienced attorney on your side.
You can focus on your healing process, knowing
that you have an experienced attorney on your side.
Accidents that lead to personal injury can happen without warning and can contribute to unnecessary financial and physical complications. If you have been a victim of an accident, you need to enlist the services of a Miami personal injury attorney to help you recover the damages you deserve. Bonner Law offers a free, confidential consultation to get started.
Our experience as a leading personal injury lawyer in Coral Gables will be put to work for you immediately as we assess the details of your situation and help you determine what your rights are under the law. Once hired as your legal representation, we will work tirelessly to ensure that you receive compensation.
Bonner Law, a leading Miami personal injury attorney, brings the experience and knowledge you need to represent you during your personal injury case. Bonner Law specializes in an array of medical malpractice issues such as hospital negligence, nursing negligence, surgical errors, medication errors, failure to diagnose or delayed diagnosis and more as well as auto negligence, slip and falls and other general negligence cases. When these missteps cause personal injuries or wrongful death, your Miami personal injury attorney, Michael P. Bonner, will lead the charge to achieve the results you are entitled to.
what you need to know
Understanding Personal Injury
A personal injury lawsuit is a pathway for one who has been injured due to someone else’s negligence to receive compensation related to that negligence. A Personal Injury Lawyer serving Coral Gables and the surrounding areas is standing by at Bonner Law Firm to help you understand your rights.
The key points to a personal injury case are:
- An injury has occurred that resulted in a loss.
- The injury was due to the intentional or even unintentional negligence of another.
While it might seem scary or intimidating to file a personal injury lawsuit, your Miami personal injury attorney will guide you through the details of your case and advise you as to what documentation you will need to get started.
If you have been a victim of an accident and feel you may have a personal injury lawsuit, timing matters. The statute of limitations for most cases is four years from the date of the incident. Your experienced Miami Personal Injury Attorney will get things started on your case as soon as possible to avoid any timing issues.
A thorough preparation for your meeting with your Miami Personal Injury Attorney will help streamline the process. Here are some things to gather to speed things along:
- Medical bills
- Medical records (lab results, imaging reports, diagnosis summaries, prescriptions, etc.)
- Police or ambulance reports, if applicable
- Dated journal or documentation of the details of the accident, the impact on daily life, missed days at work, etc.
Pre-event medical history
- Witness statement and contact details, if applicable
Once your personal injury lawyer has the complete picture, it will be easier to determine what the next steps should be.
Building a case
Two key questions will be posed by your Miami personal injury attorney:
- Was the established standard of care violated by the healthcare professional?
- Was the patient injured directly as a result of the malpractice?
Determining whether you have a medical malpractice case is contingent on many additional factors that your personal injury lawyer in Coral Gables will help you ascertain.
Preparing for trial
If your personal injury claim can’t be settled outside of the courtroom, your Miami personal injury attorney will begin to prepare for court. With over three decades of experience in the area of personal injury, our clients trust that we are working hard on their behalf.
An experienced personal injury lawyer knows what it takes to demonstrate negligence as well as how to display the financial and personal impact of that negligence. It all starts with a free consultation to get started with the pros at Bonner Law.
Common types of personal injury:
- Auto Accident Injury – Car accidents are a leading cause of injury. Your personal Injury Attorney will help you get compensated for the costs associated with the accident so you can focus on getting better.
- Medical Malpractice – Medical malpractice is another common reason to file a personal injury lawsuit. A top Miami Personal Injury Attorney, like Bonner Law, can help you address the aftermath of medical malpractice and help you get the appropriate compensation that you deserve.
- Product Liability – When a product fails and causes injury, you may be entitled to damages. Your Miami Personal Injury Attorney can work with you to understand the details of your injury, how it is related to a defective product, and whether the injury fits the criteria for a personal injury lawsuit.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – If you have been a victim of a slip and fall injury due to negligence or an unsafe environment, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit. Bonner Law, a leading Miami Personal Injury Attorney, can help you determine if you have a case and work hard on your behalf if you do.
- Wrongful Death – If a wrongful death has occurred as a result of another’s negligence, you may have a personal injury case to pursue. In this case, the family members of the deceased may be entitled to compensation to cover medical bills, funeral costs and more.
Bonner Law is your Miami personal injury attorney that may help identify the legal basis for a personal injury lawsuit. We put our experience to work for you to help you navigate the medical system, work with insurance carriers and get a recovery that addresses your hardship.
Types of personal injury damages
While every personal injury case is unique based on the circumstances, there are some parameters that define what kind of damages one can expect to receive should they win their case. As your personal injury lawyer in Coral Gables, Bonner Law will guide you through the details of your case and help you set expectations in regard to damage recovery.
- Medical Expenses – If you experienced medical injury and have expenses related to those injuries, your Miami personal injury attorney can help you recoup the expenditures you laid out related to ER visits, hospital care, medical devices, doctor’s visits and more.
- Lost Wages – Your personal injury may cause you to miss work or lose on earnings while you heal and attend doctor’s visits. You may be eligible for compensation for those lost funds.
- Property Loss – In some personal injury cases, you have damage to your property from your home to your vehicle. These damages are also recoverable in your case.
- Pain & Suffering – Pain and suffering is related to the extent of your injuries. How much you had to go through and the amount of time you spent in pain or discomfort are all factored in.
- Mental Anguish – When serious or permanent injury or loss of life occurs in a personal injury accident, you and your loved ones may be entitled to compensation for the emotional toll the incident took on you and your family.
Your experienced Miami personal injury attorney at Bonner Law will guide you to determine what kind of damages you are eligible for and exactly how much.
Meeting with Bonner Law
Bonner Law is a leading Miami personal injury attorney that offers its clients a free initial consultation. This initial consult you can get to know your potential attorney, outline the details of your situation as well as determine whether you have a case and are a good fit.
During this important meeting, Bonner Law will start to put 30 years of experience to work for you. With confident guidance, your Miami personal injury attorney at Bonner Law will become your partner that takes the pressure off so you can heal and rest while we work hard to get you the recovery you deserve.